We want to make sure we are building the best possible reporting extension for you.
The Mail & Deploy roadmap is a snapshot. It shows you what we are working on and what we plan to roll out in the next 3 to 6 months. This helps us open up a practical dialogue. We want to connect with you, our customers, leads and partners. And we want to know more about what you want and need without giving away any top-secret details.
We want to hear what you do and do not like. We want to gather your feedback so that we can prioritise what is most important and better shape our product.
In the future, we are aiming to add even more functionality to Mail & Deploy. So if you have any feedback, questions or ideas, let us know. Write us at email@example.com
Mail & Deploy® Version 3.0
- REPOSITORY IMPORTER – We are working on a migration path with which old repositories can be imported automatically up to 100%. So existing 2.1 repositories can easily be imported into Release 3. Our main focus here is to make the repository importer robust and able to handle many possible scenarios.
- DIRECT ACCESS TO SQL DATABASES, EXCEL, and WEB-SERVICES – Currently, Mail & Deploy can only work with (meta) data in Qlik apps. In the future, direct access to SQL databases, excel and web services will be implemented to enhance the applicability of external data for your reporting.
- REPORT- & TASK-SCRIPTING – Everything that can currently be designed using the UI will be possible using scripting. This allows the fully automated creation of reports/tasks and simpler replication (e.g. for OEM applications). Mail & Deploy will serve as Reporting Engine in the background.
- PARALLELIZATION OF INDIVIDUAL TASKS – At the moment, parallel execution of multiple tasks is possible in the Mail & Deploy Version 3.0. In the near future, also the parallelization of individual tasks is on the roadmap. This means a single task that creates a lot of reports can also be parallelized to speed up report creation.
- EXTENDING SELF-SERVICE EXTENSION – We are working towards a „Mail & Deploy hub within Qlik Sense®“ solution. So the Self-Service Experience of your reporting out of Qlik® will be taken to the next level.
- DEPLOYMENT – Mail & Deploy is supposed to support multi-tier systems (Development > Test Environment > Production Environment) without having to manually copy repositories. We are working toward a Click-One-Deployment.
- MULTI-NODE ENVIRONMENTS – A multi-node deployment offers more configuration options than single-node deployments. So we are working on multiple Mail & Deploy instances with load balancing to optimize scalability and performance.
- MSI FOR SERVER + DOCKER IMAGE – Later in 2021, we will also ship an MSI server file and a docker image together with the setup file. This is especially for OEM partners and customers who have to perform a lot of installations and want to automate them.
- and there is more to come…